Just Found Out?
Finding out you’re HIV+ can be difficult to take in. However, it’s important to know that these days HIV is a very treatable and manageable condition thanks to the medicines that have come out over the past several years. Not only are the medicines there to keep you in good health, but there have been significant advances in lessening (or, for many people, eliminating) side effects. Now that you know, you have to monitor your health and well-being, and it’s important to make yourself aware of the resources available to you to help you take the best possible care of your physical, mental, social, and sexual health.
When you’re ready, Positive Alliance communities are here for you. Click the links below to learn more about the community nearest you and what is going on there.
- IMPAC+ serving greater NYC
- HOPE DC serving greater Washington, DC
- Thrive Tribe serving greater LA
Below, you will find a few links to information to help you make the best of your situation.
- HIVHero.org Newly Diagnosed Guide – A comprehensive and thorough guide to help you get your mind wrapped around the things you need to start thinking about to make sure you remain healthy and happy.
- Poz.com Newly Diagnosed Guide
- Talking Positive – Here, you can answer a few questions to generate a free “discussion guide” you can take to your doctor, so you can remember to bring up any questions or concerns you might forget to mention or she/he doesn’t bring up.
- AIDS.gov Newly Diagnosed Guide
- National Institutes of Health Newly Diagnosed Guide